Battlegroup South are a group of friends who put on the best event in the wargamer’s calendar each July at The Tank Museum in Bovington, Dorset. Who can join? Well nobody really, we don’t have a clubhouse or membership … we just wargame!
- Richard Harris – Chief ‘Tank Commander’ and show organiser …usually has a very small tent with broken poles!
- Malcolm Lane – Web content and facebook ‘guru’, proud to wear the ‘red shirt’. Works closely with Richard before the show … especially this year!
- Shane Bartlett – Battlegroup South founder, judges the games and writer of our quiz.
- Ian Butcher – RAF bloke’, very knowledgeable about horticulture, an extremely hard working member of our team .. will be seen doing everything, including helping Shane with the judging.
- Chris Newton – ‘Royal Artillery’ , in charge of trader/gamer admission, you will need to get your wrist bands from Chris and his door crew!
- Brian Collins – ‘Royal Marine’, now taking a hard-earned rest … wait, maybe not. Brian runs the Bring and Buy, an essential element to our show. He is assisted by his wife Lynn, Jean and many others.
- Steve ‘Scouse’ Larkin – More tables here please Steve 🙂
- Laurie Walsh – Great display games
- Robert Newton – ‘Royal Signals’ hopefully will be able to make the show this year. Helps out on the Bring and Buy, but wherever we somebody, he can be counted.
- Will Craig – Web developer and camp site security …’Where there’s a Will, there’s a Website’.
- Sammy Makepeace-Lane – Camp site and Beer Tent
- Mike ‘Mini Garry’ Emery – Barbeque man and table shifter. Makes decent scenery too!
- Carolyn Bagley – Richard’s soul mate, in charge of the ‘Tea Urn’
- Nelly and Tracey – Beer Tent
The list above is far from exhaustive, just a few key members of Battlegroup South. (my apologies if I have missed someone out – Malcolm)